High Precision Topography Measurement of Aspheres and Free-Form Surfaces
One of the main challenges in manufacturing highly accurate state-of the-art optics and molding tools is related to reliable, ultra-precise and flexible measurements of the manufactured surfaces. Even though the manufacturing machines have an amazing degree of precision, the available systems for surface profiling in the market suffer from several wellknown limiting problems. Assumed that the demanding accuracy is reached, these systems only permit a small measurement range, damage the surface or take a lot of time per measurement.
The AsperoMaster® developed by TRIOPTICS overcomes all these limitations and provides full range 3D surface proofing in sub micrometer range. Heart of the system is the deflectometric sensor that has successfully been tested when it was integrated in turning and polishing machines during the BMBF MicroAdapt project. The real challenge reaching the required submicron accuracy is the mechanical setup. During the last year TRIOPTICS gained very positive experience with new mechanical designs on granite bases for its high precision measurement systems. And as well for AspheroMaster® TRIOPTICS relies on a new mechanical design and the positive properties of granite: Ultra stable, very high rigidity, insensitivity to vibrations and thermal stability.
Main Features of AspheroMaster®
- Unique optical sensor head measuring contactlessly aspheres and free-form surfaces
- No physical reference needed (e.g. CGH)
- Measurement system working with very robust deflectometric technology that measures the slopes at any point of the sample and is therefore almost insensitive to stage errors
- Measurement of highly aspheric surfaces (up to 9Â° deviation from the sphere)
- Measurement range covers the whole upper hemisphere of the sample (Â±90Â°)
- High spatial resolution better 15Î¼m
- Quick and straightforward sample alignment
- Granite setup with new mechanical design ensures highest stability
- Results are directly comparable to design data
- High speed more than 10 rev/s
- No time consuming sample alignment