Assembly technician for Optical precision instrumentation (Rancho Cucamonga, CA)
We are looking for a new team member for our instrumentation production in our Rancho Cucamonga, CA site.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
Assemble, test and qualify optical precision instruments as part of the US production team (mechanical assembly, optical assembly, electronics)
- Repair and calibrate optical precision instruments
- Create calibration documentation (certificates, evaluation reports, etc.)
- Coordinate with the other production team members with regards to order planning, work assignments, purchasing, etc. using lean manufacturing methods
- Report production status, schedules and key performance indicators to management
- Improve and create documentation like assembly instructions, bills of materials, technical documentation, quality documentation etc.
- Make suggestions and implement improvements to the production processes and the products
- Take part and be a driving force for continous improvement of the company
- >3 years of hands-on experience in assembly of precision (ideally optical) instrumentation required
- Background in optics instrumentation or technology, physics or precision manufacturing required
- Hands-on mentality
- Knowledge about lean manufacturing (e.g. Six Sigma) techniques is a plus
- Experience in MCAD (SolidWorks) is a plus
We believe our success depends on the quality of our people – if you are a highly motivated individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, innovative, and challenging environment, we are interested in speaking with you! We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefit package, and a 401(k) plan. This position is based in our Rancho Cucamonga, CA office.
Please send your resume/CV to email@example.com.