Trioptics is a world-leading, innovative and fast-growing provider of optical test and manufacturing equipment with an international footprint and user base. We are currently expanding our US operations and are looking for highly driven and motivated team members:
Service and Applications Engineers (Rancho Cucamonga, CA; San Jose, CA; Rochester, NY)
In your role as Service and Applications Engineer, you are working with both our customers and our internal R&D teams to make sure our customers get the optimal Trioptics solution for their application.
You are involved in all stages of the sales process: from discussing applications with customers, proof-of-concept studies, discussing instrument configurations, installation and training at the customer
site to after-sales support. We expect you to establish and maintain strong working relationships throughout all levels of the internal and external organizations.
- Identify customer’s needs and sales opportunities and suggest technical solutions for optical metrology and production equipment
- Travel to customer sites to perform installations, training, calibrations, equipment moves, repairs, maintenance and other required product support services
- Maintain expert level of product and application knowledge for several Trioptics product lines
- Maintain accurate records of work performed
- Resolve customer service issues or difficulties
- Maintain professional business relationships with customers
- Provide status of ongoing projects and future projects
- BA/BS in Optics, Physics, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent successful experience in an Optics industry role
- Minimum 3 years industry experience, preferably in an Optics field
- Ability to read and understand optical, mechanical and electrical drawings and documentation
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- US citizenship is required in compliance with ITAR regulations
- 30%-50% travel is required
- Practical knowledge of Trioptics instruments is a big plus
- Customer Service or Sales Support experience preferred
- Background in optics and optical manufacturing preferred
We believe our success depends on the quality of our people – if you are a highly motivated individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, innovative, and challenging environment, we are interested in speaking with you! We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive insurance package and a 401(k) plan. Please send your resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.